Pages

Saturday 14 September 2013

Isn't it Ironic?

Funny story, I tore a ligament in my knee while walking down the stairs a few months ago - no I know its not  actually funny but it is highly amusing how the one person who detests any form of exercise or work out (me) happens to obtain one of the most common sports injuries. This is a twisted ironic joke the universe is playing on me (obvs) and I assume it's payback for all those gym memberships I joined but never actually went to (woops).

To make matters worse, my former fully-abled self would have never dreamt of wearing, purchasing or covetting any shoe more than 2 inches off the ground, but now, in the midst of this injury (and the subsequent limp-swagger-walk that comes with it) I find myself obsessing over heels. I guess its less about the idealistic glamour, boldness and romanticism that a high heeled shoe symbolises that's making me go crazy over them right now and more about the fact that - now that I really can't wear them, I really want them. Very funny universe, very funny.








No comments:

Post a Comment