Pages

Wednesday 1 February 2012

Homage.


Whenever I play Amy Winehouse's 'Some Unholy War' I get teary eyed. I loved Amy, and the sad thing is I only realised just how much I loved that heavy, husky voice the day I found out I would never be able to hear it live again.

John Paul Gaultier's latest show has caused some-what of a stir in the fashion world; some have frowned upon the French designer's work, calling it impersonal, a mere attempt at cashing in on the death of beloved star.

Personally, I am just glad someone in the fashion world has acknowledged the contribution Amy made, not only to music but to art and fashion, I am glad someone is standing up and saying, "This was Amy, not a drunk or an addict, but an artist, an icon, a reckoned force".

Get more pics here

No comments:

Post a Comment