Pages

Wednesday 29 August 2012

Birds of Paradise


Summer is almost here in Southern Africa and, as you could tell by my recent hate letter to winter, I am too excited! I wouldn't consider myself a trend forecaster but I do know what I would like to see this summer... prints. 
I've been totally inspired by prints and patterns lately (hence 'Kuchora Fridays' ) and I am obsessed with this 'Birds of Paradise' print that Givenchy had for their Spring/Summer 2012 collection. 
Its clean and polished yet crazy and colorful with a subtle but effective hint of grit. It's also bold, a contrast to the gentle (whimsical?) floral prints we saw two or so seasons ago.


All in all the cold has created an excited need for heat, painted toe nails, sunglasses and light clothes and if these are the tidings of Summer I believe my excitement is damn-well warranted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment