Pages

Tuesday 5 July 2011

NAKEYA B. - POWER OF THE LENSE

Firstly I really must apologise for my absence,you see, I am on holiday now so that means I have gone home and my home is a little country found at the very tip of Southern Africa i.e. Lesotho (google if you dont know it and if you're from there - holler homeslice!) now I have a number of modems at home and all of them are broken (damn!) so that means I have to go downtown just to update a facebook status, thus, my blogging has been killed by my lack of technological gadgets or, rather, their failure to function - oh well - such is life.
Onto more exciting things, power-pictures made by artistic powerhouses, see more below...


I dont own a camera (that is if you dont count my shady Acer webcam). Its a real shame, and I'm slightly cringing as I write this because I believe the one thing a serious blogger should have is a standard camera - please dont judge me.
I do, however, appreciate those who have one and, better yet, have the power to acquire from the lense a powerful picture.
Nakeya B. for example:




Because I consider myself as somewhat of a serious blogger (one without a camera, that is) I managed to get a hold of Nakeya and ask her a few questions, this is what she had to say:

What inspired you to get into photography?
In my senior year I took a photography class as an easy elective. It just stuck with me after that. Upon graduation my mom bought my a little Pentax point and shoot that I'd take with me everywhere. I did a lot of traveling that summer and would post all of the pictures on my flickr and myspace page. People took a liking to it and as a photographer I started to grow over the years. I also went to school and studied photography. It's something I love that just never went away.
In one sentence how would you describe your photos/your work?
My work is a combination of documentary and fashion photography. It's an ever changing process, I am always looking for ways to make my last picture more interesting and more meaningful than the last. 


It just goes to show that you never really know where your life is headed, one moment you're in your senior class taking a random photography class, next moment you're a burgeoning force to be reckoned with.
All I have to say? Thank God for that.


For more genius go to: thatgoodgoodblog or Nakeya's site nakeyab.com

No comments:

Post a Comment