Pages

Tuesday 7 January 2014

Oroma



Oroma Elewa, founder and Editor-in-Chief of Pop'Africana magazine, former model, dj, style icon and all round creative genius. A few months ago I tweeted about how I am probably only on Instagram to follow Solange and Oroma. And I guess that sounds a bit dramatic but I think once you take a look at some of her work as well as her pictures you might find that my tweet was not too far from the truth.

In other news I am moving to Stellenbosch tomorrow and these past few days have been an emotional roller coaster, you know the kind, sad (about leaving home), excited (about going some place new), stressed (about school), anxious, and then sad again and then excited again. But when all this thinking and feeling gets a bit too much I reflect on those comforting words from Max Erhmann's Desiderata: 

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should."

Amen and Amen.  





No comments:

Post a Comment