Pages

Monday 26 September 2011

Would you Sheer?


I remember the first time I saw a sheer blouse, it was off white, loose on a woman's skin, with a tie-around collar - it was beautiful, the only oddity about this uber garment was its "sheerness" ; its transparent, thin material that enabled you to see pretty much...everything.
Everything in me went "no, I am not wearing that!" - the conventional, conservative haberdashgirl (me) could not deal with this inappropriately provocative piece of clothing.
That was then. Today? I have lovely, peach colored sheer blouse sitting on my suitcase as we speak.

I guess what I'm trying to say is the term 'inappropriate' is completely relative, what was 'inappropriate','crazy' or 'wrong' some time ago may seem perfectly fine now.

With all of that in mind, insert: Sheer Maxi Dress: translucent, long, some mothers would kick their kids out the house if they stepped in with this, or show some semblance of hysterical anger.

Question is: would you sheer? if yes, why? and if not, why not?
As for me - I think my peach blouse has kind of given you the answer already.




Pictures: 2threads.com

2 comments:

  1. I love sheer--always edgy and sexy! :)

    xoxo
    Stella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally I'm a cheerleader of sheer fabrics,very easy and freeing. Really dig your blog!

    http://www.midnightcool.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete